Your Cyprus Passport through Investment
Simple and Fast Track Procedure
A destination of choice:
Situated in the Eastern Mediterranean, Cyprus has developed into a serious contender destination, for those individuals looking for a second passport in a European Union member State.
Cyprus offers high quality living conditions, high level of educational facilities in English language, modern quality health care services, mild Mediterranean climate, friendly hospitable people and a multicultural environment.
Moreover, Cyprus offers an excellent business environment, opening up new horizons for those who are looking to take advantages of its strategic geographic position, the attractive investment and business opportunities in the region and its friendly business taxation system.
1. Investment in Real Estate, Land Development and Infrastructure Projects
The applicant should invest in Cyprus at least €2 million for the purchase or construction of buildings or other development projects (residential, commercial, or developments in the tourism sector), or other infrastructure projects.
2. Investment in Financial Assets of Cypriot Companies or Organisations
The applicant should invest at least €2 million in the purchase or participation in companies or organisations established, operating and investing in Cyprus, employing at least five (5) Cypriot citizens.
3. Investment in Alternative Investment Funds or Financial Assets of Cypriot Companies or Organisations that are licensed by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
The applicant should invest at least €2 million to acquire units from Alternative Investment Funds established in Cyprus, licensed and supervised by the CySEC and investing exclusively in Cyprus in investments that meet the criteria of the present scheme.
4. Combination of the aforementioned investments
The applicant may invest at least €2 million in a combination of the above investments.
Note: Within criterion 4, the applicant may purchase special Government bonds of the Republic of Cyprus, up to €500.000, issued by the Cyprus Ministry of Finance. In such a case the investor will have to retain these bonds for at least a three year period.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Clean Criminal Record
The applicant must have a clean criminal record. Furthermore his/her name must not be included in the list of persons whose assets, within the boundaries of the European Union, have been frozen as a result of sanctions.
2. Residence in Cyprus
In addition to satisfying one of the above criteria, the applicant must acquire a permanent privately-owned residence in Cyprus of a purchase price at least €500.000, plus V.A.T.
|Note:||This condition does not apply in case the investment in made under criterion 1. in housing units, provided one of housing units is worth at least €500.000 + VAT, and the applicant retains the possession of the residence for life.|
- A non – Cypriot citizen may invest personally or through one or more companies in which he/she is a shareholder in proportion to his/her holding percentage.
- Investment by the spouse or jointly with the spouse is equally acceptable.
- A senior manager of a company meeting the investment criteria is eligible under the scheme, provided that he/she receives such a remuneration that generates a revenue for the Tax Department of Cyprus of at least €100.000, over a three year period.
- The investment should have been made during the three years preceding the date of the application and must be retained for a period of at least three years as from the date of naturalization.
- Visa – free travel, residence, work and property ownership in all the European Union member states.
- Visa – free travel to more than 100 other countries, and ability to apply from Cyprus to get visa for the remaining countries.
- Right to do business and invest in all EU member states, taking advantage of Cyprus favourable tax regime and Double Tax Treaties and the high quality professional services on offer.
- Dependants can access high quality schools and Universities in Cyprus and the EU.
- Access to high quality health care in Cyprus and EU member states.
- No requirement for physical presence in Cyprus before or after the application procedure.
- Dependants under the age of 28 also qualify for citizenship on the basis of their parents’ application.
- Applicant is not required to relinquish his existing citizenship.
- The evaluation of application by the Competent Authority takes approximately two months
- Advise and support interested investors to explore the investment options which best suit their individual needs.
- Assist and guide applicants to effectively implement their investment option, including business support services as necessary.
- Preparation of the application package with all documentation required for Cyprus Citizenship.
- Advise on taxation planning solution which best serves the client’s investment option.
- Support and guidance in relation to children’s education in Cyprus.
- Follow up closely the progress regarding the evaluation of application by the Competent Authorities.
- Undertaking all necessary procedures for the issue of passports after application has been approved.